Texas has revised the Immunization Laws. The new law went into effect on March 5, 2009. Your student will need proof of the following immunizations on 4th birthday to meet requirements:
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis 5 doses (4 doses if last dose after age 4)
- Polio 4 doses (one dose after age 4)
- MMR 2 doses (on or after age 1)
- Hepatitis B 3 doses
- Varicella 2 doses (on or after age 1)
- Hepatitis A 2 doses (on or after age 1)
When a child presents to a child-care facility, early childhood program, or pre-kindergarten program, a complete series of any Haemophilus influenzae type b (HIB) vaccine, or one dose of any Hib vaccine given at or after 15 months of age. A Hib primary series and booster is two doses (two months apart) and a booster dose on or after 12 months of age, received at least two months after the first dose.